Update 1: Poison Ivy Cosplay

13.7.16



Hi everyone! I know it's been a couple months since I've updated on my life but here I am! hello. Hi. how is it going? Well I hope. There are just under two months until Fan expo in Toronto, and I've decided to blog my progress on my cosplay which will be the beautiful, suave Poison Ivy! There were several other costumes I was going to make but COSPLAY IS EXPENSIVE. I know this, you know this, but yet everytime I think of a great character to dress up as, I get all excited, start planning and realize that I won't be able to afford it... my dream is shattered into a million sharp, expensive pieces around me. But alas, I decided upon poison ivy. I had most of the bigger pieces already in my closet (corset) and a hair extension/ wig store near my work were having a massive sale on everything- so I got the wig for dirt cheap. It was perfect timing.

So below is some of the progress I have made on my poison ivy cosplay. Its taken me about 20+ hours but only $50-$60 for all of it. Shop smart ;)

I'll be taking a progress picture soon in my costume but my coset isn't working for me right now. I hot glued the ivy on but forgot that the corset stretches when I put it on.. the ivy popped off in some places. I'm trying to figure out what to do! *sigh*


here are some arm cuffs/ bracelets I made with some wire, ivy and floral tape!







and here are the ivy garlands I made as well for the back of my corset. I'm making a train! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!



















DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS