Holy Grail face products of 2014

2.1.15



Products:
Setting Powder: Hourglass ambient lighting powder (CAD $52.00)   Tarte smooth operator (CAD $38.00)
Foundation: Makeup For Ever Mat Velvet (CAD $42.00)   Illamasqua skin base (USD 51.92)
Concealer: Tarte Maracula Creaseless Concealer (CAD $29.00)   Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (CAD $35.00)



2014 was a year of detox for me, and in layman's terms.. this means I need some good ol' coverage for my skin when I go out and about. I experimented with a  couple of brands, products and spent way too much money on things I ended throwing out.

Above, in the picture, are my holy grail products. I use them everyday (not all at once, but I rotate depending on how bad my skin is)

Right now, on a day to day basis, I use a mix of Makeup Forever Mat Velvet & the Skin base, to get my right colour (And even then, I hate to admit, it's a little off. My skin is a weird neutral pale colour) I use my Sigma SF80 brush to buff it into my skin. I wait a couple of minutes (While I'm waiting, I'll usually put falsies on, or mascara) until the foundation has dried, and I put the Tarte concealer on for a fuller coverage.

The Tarte concealer is a heavy coverage, but it gives a dewy finish. I absolutely adore it, and when my skin is acting like a goddess, I just wear the concealer. The Nars concealer is also a beautiful finish, but I find that it doesn't give as heavy as a coverage as I would like somedays. I do wear it as under eye concealer though, because I find it doesn't crease too much.

I buff out the concealer over top of the foundation, and then once I'm happy with the coverage, I set it with the Hourglass setting powder.

This stuff is expensive, but it's of brat quality. It evens out everything and just adds a beautiful finish to the skin. I know the price is a little off putting, but it's so worth it.

I usually use the Tarte setting powder if I don't want as heavy as a coverage. It also smooths the skin out though like nothing else, so it's a nice cheaper option than the hourglass powder.

A lot of people have asked me if I use primer, or whenever I go out beauty shopping, the sales associate always tries to sell me it. I'm not sure why, but primer hates my skin. I've used several primers and I just break out, and the foundation always peels on me. Maybe I'm applying the primer wrong, but I also figure.. the less I have on my skin, the better.



Anywho, these products are my go to face perfecting potions. I think I'd keel over if I didn't have them.. or at least cry a little but and not leave the house ;P

Hope y'all are having a great 2015 so far!
xoxo
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS